Before adding a channel, prepare the phone which has WhatsApp with this number installed. Make sure that the phone is connected to the Internet.
1. Enter your Wazzup account and choose the “Channels” menu item in the menu on the left:
2. Click the “Add new channel” and choose WhatsApp:
3. Scan the QR code:
The scanning takes a few seconds. If everything is fine, you will see your channel’s phone number and a message notifying you that:
After adding, the channel will appear in the “Channels list”. In 30 seconds, the last three dialogues with messages will load.
4. Click the new channel’s row. Its settings section will open. In the settings, you can change the name – your clients will not be able to see it. The name is given purely out of convenience so that you do not get confused when using the service.
Here you can also change the channel’s price plan, as well as enable, disable, or remove the channel. Having made any changes in the settings, remember to press
WhatsApp API Channel
To start using the WhatsApp API:
- Add a WhatsApp API channel in your Wazzup personal account — 10 minutes.
- Submit your company verification documents on Facebook — 10 minutes.
Facebook will send a response within 2-3 business days. If it is not satisfied with something, you need to correct it and send it again.
When Facebook confirms the company, you have to wait 2-3 days, while the company and the displayed profile name is checked by WhatsApp. There’s nothing required of you — just wait.
While the company is verified, the channel will be in “Not Registered” status and you cannot send messages or verify WhatsApp API templates from it.
Once the company is verified by WhatsApp, add and pay for a subscription — the WhatsApp API channel is ready to use.
Instagram API channel
To add an Instagram API channel, you will need to:
- Convert a custom Instagram account to a business account.
- Create a Facebook business page.
- Link the Instagram business account to the Facebook business page.
- Add a channel in your Wazzup personal account.
Convert a custom Instagram account to a business account
You can add an Instagram API feed only for a business Instagram account. If you already have a business Instagram account, skip this section.
To convert a regular Instagram account to a business account:
- Go to your Instagram profile page.
- Click the “sandwich” menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Click “Settings” → “Account” → at the very bottom “Switch to professional account” → several times “Continue”.
- Select a category for the business account and click “Done”.
- Select the type of professional account — “Business” and click “Next”. If you select “Author,” you will not be able to add a channel.
- Check the contact information and click “Next”.
- Connect to Facebook.
- Click “Next” on the page for enabling cross-service features (just click “Next” or you will be bitten by the same demons that bit the Facebook developers).
- Click “Yes, complete setup.”
Create a Facebook business page
You need to link your Instagram business account to your Facebook business page. If you already have a business page, skip this section.
- Go to “Pages” in the left panel of your personal Facebook page.
- Click “Create Page” at the top of the left-hand pane of the pages section.
- Fill in the information and click “Create Page”.
Now you have a Facebook business page.
Link the Instagram business account to the Facebook business page
- Go to Settings in the left pane of the Facebook business page.
- Find “Instagram” in the left pane of the settings and click on it.
- Leave the radiobutton on and click “Continue”.
- Wait a while — the Instagram account information will load.
Done — you’ve linked your Instagram business account to your Facebook business page.
Add a channel in your Wazzup personal account
- Go to the “Channels” section of your Wazzup account.
- Click “Add Channel” → Instagram API.
- Click “Log In”.
- Choose a Facebook profile or log in with your username and password.
- Select the Instagram business account for which you’re adding a channel and tap “Next.” You can select multiple accounts at once.
- Select the Facebook business page to which that Instagram business account is linked, and click “Next.” You can select multiple business pages.
- Leave all of the radiobutton accounts enabled. If you disable something and do not give any rights to the Wazzup Messenger official IAPI application — the channel will not work properly.
- Click “Done” → wait a bit → click “Ok”.
- Select the Instagram account for which you want to create a channel, and click “Add”.
You have added an Instagram API channel. If you need to add more than one channel, click the green “Add Channel” button again and select the account to create the Instagram API channel.
Working with the Instagram API channel
From the Instagram API channel, you can’t initiate correspondence with a client. You can write first in Direct only from the app on your phone. When the client responds to your message, a 7-day dialog window opens. During this time, you can write to the client from the Instagram API channel. Each incoming message from the client extends the dialog box for another 7 days. If the 7 days have passed, you can’t send a message to the client.
From the Instagram API channel, you can reply to a comment on a post with a comment or a Direct message.
Reply to a comment with a comment. The comment to the post from the client will come as an incoming message in the chat.
To reply with a comment to a comment, click on the “arrow” to the right of the client’s post and reply with a quote.
You can only reply to a comment with a text message. Messages with attached documents, photos, videos and audio files will not be sent.
Reply to a comment with a Direct message. A comment to a post will come as an incoming message in the chat. To reply to a customer in Direct, reply to the message without quoting.
You can only reply to a comment in Direct within seven days of the comment being posted. And for each comment, you can send only one Direct message, and then you have to wait for the client to respond.
When the client responds to your Direct message, a 7-day dialog window opens. During this time, you can write to the client from the Instagram API channel. Each incoming message from the client extends the dialog box for another 7 days. If the 7 days have passed, you can’t send the client a message.
In Direct, you can send text messages and pictures no larger than 8 MB. Messages with attached video, audio files and documents will not be sent.
Comments from promotional entries. Wazzup will not receive comments left under promotional posts. The Instagram API channel only collects information about comments left under regular posts – not promos.
When you run a promo from the app on your phone by pressing the “Promote” button, Instagram creates a duplicate of the post with its url address and id. Comments left under the promo post will appear under the original post in the Instagram app, but they won’t go to Wazzup. Only comments left under the original post will go to Wazzup.
Before adding an Instagram channel, make sure that you have the login and password for it and that you can use the phone number which the account is linked to.
1. Enter your Wazzup account and choose the “Channels” menu item in the menu on the left:
2. Click the “Add new channel” and choose Instagram:
3. A form will appear. Fill in all the fields. In the “Instagram account password” field, enter your current account password:
After syncing, the channel will get the “Active” status:
4. To receive real-time notifications in CRM, enable notifications about comments and new direct messages in the app.
5. Customize the display of posts and comments from Instagram users in CRM.
The Telegram channel does not integrate into CRM, so contacts and deals will not be created for inboxes. You cannot specify the visibility of this channel for managers and you cannot configure the distribution of incoming requests. The Telegram channel will exist only as a dialogue in the general Wazzup chat.
You cannot initiate communication from the chat with the Telegram user, the dialogue will be created only when the user first writes to the bot.
How to create a bot, get a token and add a Telegram channel
1. Open a telegram bot to create bots — @BotFather.
2. Click the forward slash icon to the right of the text input line.
3. Select the top line in the window that opens — «/new bot».
4. Enter the name of the bot and send a message. The bot’s name will be displayed to users at the top, in the same place where the contact’s name is displayed in chats. After creating a bot, you can change the name through the @BotFather menu — a forward slash to the right of the text input.
5. Enter a unique username for your bot. It will be his Telegram address. Username must contain the word “bot” at the end. For example, MyCompanyNameBot or myComponyName_bot.
If the entered username is already taken, then @BotFather will inform you about it.
If the entered name is free, then @BotFather will congratulate you on creating a new bot and issue a token.
6. Copy the token.
7. Go to the channel settings of your Wazzup personal account.
8. Click Add a channel.
9. Select “Telegram” from the list.
10. Enter the name of the channel. This is how the channel will be displayed in the channel list in the Wazzup cabinet.
11. Paste the copied chatbot token.
12. Add the text of the first bot message. When the user follows the link to your bot and clicks the Start button, the bot will send him this welcome message.
13. Click Add.
14. Done — you’ve added a Telegram channel
Using the Telegram channel
The user initiates communication with the bot by pressing the “Start” button. In response, you will receive a welcome message from the bot.
The user’s first message will come to the Wazzup chat as a new incoming message.
The Telegram user ID is a nickname, it is displayed in the chat list under the username.
If you have several bots, for example, “Support”, “Feedback and suggestions”, “Contest” and the user wrote several bots at once, then all his messages will go to one chat. You can distinguish them by the name of the channel to which they were sent. The channel name is at the top of the customer’s message.
If you click on the green button next to the text input field, you can choose from which channel to respond to the client.
With the help of the bot, you can receive and send text messages, photos, videos, audio and documents. The sticker sent from Telegram will come to the Wazzup chat as a smiley, and the GIF as a video with the mp4 extension.
The VKontakte channel does not integrate into CRM, so contacts and deals will not be created for inboxes. You cannot specify the visibility of this channel for managers and you cannot configure the distribution of incoming requests. The VKontakte channel will exist only as a dialogue in the general Wazzup chat.
You cannot initiate communication from a chat with a VKontakte user, a dialogue will be created only when the user writes to you first.
How to get a token and add a VKontakte channel
1. Go to “Manage” on the right side of the community page.
2. Select “Messages” from the menu on the right.
3. Enable “Community Messages”.
4. Select the right menu “Settings” → “API usage”.
5. Go to the “Long Poll API” tab.
6. Enable “Long Poll API”.
7. Scroll to the very top of the API Version dropdown menu.
8. Select the latest API version.
9. Go to the “Event Types” tab.
10. Check all items from the “Messages” category.
11. Go to the “Access tokens” tab.
12. Click “Create token”.
13. Select the first 4 items from the list and click Create.
14. Confirm your actions: “Call” → enter the code → “Confirm”.
15. Copy the issued code.
16. Go to the channel settings of your Wazzup personal account.
17. Click “Add a channel”.
18. Enter the name of the channel.
19. Paste the copied token.
20. Click “Add”.
21. Done – you’ve added a VKontakte channel.
What to do if the channel has switched to the “Unauthorized” status
In some cases, Vkontakte may revoke the issued token due to suspicious activity of the community page or its administrator, for example:
— community page sends spam;
— users complain about the community page;
— there is a suspicion that the community administrator has been hacked.
If VKontakte has revoked the token or you accidentally deleted it, the channel will switch to the “Unauthorized” status.
In this case, in the channel settings, click “Enter token” and in the window that opens, enter a new token. Click “Confirm Token” and then “Save”.